Saturday, June 10, 2006

Today's Story from the A-V Department

Ok, I've been shooting slides for 30 years or so;
by now, I must have close to 10^4 mounted,
with another couple thousand transparencies
that I might yet mount.
(boop)

Kodak stopped production of slide projectors about two years ago.
I've heard that this year they very abruptly stopped support, too.
(boop)

Which makes me a little anxious about being so
deeply committed to what's now essentially a dead medium.
(boop)

So - in addition to stockpiling bulbs and trays for my Carousel projector -
(boop)

I just bought a Bell & Howell "Ringmaster" from OGS surplus, as a backup.
Ten bucks. (It works, too.)
(boop)

Getting it home, I discovered that it's not just one of the models
with sound - - it's actually one of the _recording_ models
(a "779B", from about 1977).
(boop)

Here's a recognition silhouette :
http://www.uaf.edu/library/media/equipment/video/ringmaster.htm
Note the slot for a cassette.
(boop)

Which means that I now have the capability
to record my own synchronized narration onto cassette.
(boop)

I'll have to poke around and figure out how the sync tone works.
(boop)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home