Friday, January 19, 2007

"No, really! It's really good!"

Over at Brad DeLong's blog, he's talking about Star Trek: The Original Series.
Someone in comments noted that he had been too old for it when it was new, "but oh, to have been 13 for ST:TOS".

Uh, that would be me.

Not every NBC affiliate carried ST when it premiered. WRGB, in their wisdom, gave it a pass. (In the '70s, they would also pass on the first weeks of Saturday Night Live.)

My father being my father, we had his 'Channel 2' Yagi up in the attic aimed at WKTV Utica. So I was the the only kid in town to watch the first episodes of ST. And the next morning, I got to go in to my sixth grade classroom and attempt to explain to a bunch of eleven-year-olds what I had just seen.

This would not be the last time in my life where I would wax enthusiastic about something, and my audience would have absolutely no idea what I was talking about.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home