Sunday, July 10, 2005

Ok, we're going live

Well, to a first approximation, Blogger seems to work.
The first disconcerting discovery is that if you give Blogger your DoB, it then looks-up and posts your astrological sign as one of the most important features of your profile. It would seem that this is supposed to appeal to the set of people who a) are credulous enough (or badly-educated enough) to take astrology seriously; and b) are too dim to remember the dates of the signs of the zodiac. (It strikes me as though this could be a relatively small set.) In my world, giving credence to astrology counts as a major negative attribute for Blogger. I dunno if it's enough to make me take my business elsewhere.

The second discovery is that this particular template doesn't allow a full range of colors - unless you go down and putter around in the template code, which is nicely spelled out, at least. I'm not sure that I care enough about the background colors to bother learning their secret code numbers.

And third - we see that Blogger keeps California time. Oh: I see that it's trivial to just fake the posting time.
That should fix the out-of-sequence post. And as you can see in the next entry (above), that in the near future, I'll soon find how to re-set the blog's default time.

None of these are deal-breakers, I suppose. (The price is certainly right.)

2 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Blogger "As You Know" Bob said...

That's right, Bob.

(now we see if commenting works...)

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger "As You Know" Bob said...

And when you have a single comment, it describes it as "1 comments".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home